Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Lord knows I needed something to have good old chortle at this morning and thanks to my favourite newspaper there it was, front page news.
It seems, according to Town Councillor Bill Lowe (Prosecution), that during the building of *Studley Swimming Pool the builders forgot, wait for it, the builders forgot, hang on let me get my breath here, the builders forgot to…to water-proof it.
Cllr Lowe, (by an amazing coincidence an ex-swimming pool engineer) alleges…
‘The water membrane was not installed. If it was not done then tiles would fall off. Tiles did fall off’.
He goes on to allege another amazing oversight…
’The water membrane was not put in the contract specification’.

Greengrass pauses to hold aching sides. Head swimming (no pun intended). Vision cloudy.

Cllr Juliet Short (for the Defence and portfolio holder for leisure services) replies…
’I can’t comment…There is a full investigation underway…I don’t want anything swept under the carpet’…(including herself it would seem, as she finally promises that)…’I will not adhere to anything being swept under the carpet’. The goodness for that we'd hate to lose you.

Collapse of Lawn Greengrass holding sides and hysterical.
Begins to bleed heavily from nose and mouth after learning that the Studley swimming pool debacle has so far, lost £600,000 of tax-payers hard-earned spondolicks.

No comments: